The new normal regarding swimming lessons
Please see the return to swim video for Badminton School at the bottom of this page.
Some of these measures may seem extreme but this is what we are required to do now to ensure the safety of you as clients, our swimmers and staff. We will have hand sanitiser, various cleaning protocols and other COVID-19 measures in place which we will communicate directly to any swimmers wishing to book but these are the specific swimming lesson related changes that may affect whether or not you would like to book lessons:
1) Children must arrive ‘beach ready.’ This means having a shower at home before coming swimming and arriving at the pool with costume/trunks already on, ready to get into the pool. Showers are not to be used at the pool. Time spent in the changing rooms should be kept to a minimum.
2) There will be a one way system through the building from reception, through the changing rooms and onto poolside. At this point children may use the toilets but wherever possible it would be best if they could use the toilet before you leave home. After leaving the changing rooms you should continue in a clockwise direction until you reach your allocated seat.
3) Only one accompanying adult or one adult spectator is allowed per swimmer. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate any extra non-swimming siblings as spectators. Spectators should bring and wear their own face masks and also bring and change into their own indoor appropriate footwear, such as flip flops, before going onto the pool side. During the lesson if children need help with adjusting goggles or putting on swimming aids, parents should assist with this, not teachers.
4) After the class spectators and children should move to a changing point which will be marked with a rubber spot either on a bench or on the floor. Swimmers should change swiftly under a poncho into a onesie or similar simple clothes. Once changed everyone should leave via the pool side fire exit. (Please note the video shows the previous rules for leaving wet during August and September).
5) Teachers are not allowed to teach in the water so any children who have not yet been awarded their 10 metre badge may need a parent in the water with them. Swimming parents must also arrive ‘beach ready’ and change discretely under an adult sized ‘toncho’ after the lesson.
6) Badminton School require any swimmers wanting to attend lessons at their venue to read the Swim England document for pool users (which is in the link below). Not all of this document relates to swimming lessons, but the main COVID-19 pool precautions are mentioned.
As we are not allowed to have any children sitting on pool side waiting for their lessons any siblings can only attend if we have availability for them to swim at the same time in suitable lessons.
If you are happy with all the above points and would still like to book your child/ren into lessons, please let me know via email your preferred dates and times. Our landline was cancelled at the start of lockdown and we do not have a new phone number yet.
Please let us know your children’s date of birth/s and their swimming ability before lockdown.
Please see link below with more guidance from Swim England